|Wholewheat Bread Loaf With Black Bean |
- 142g Bread flour
- 50g Black bean cereal powder
- 40g Whole wheat flour
- 5g Milk powder
- 10g Caster sugar
- 3g Salt
- 5g Instant dried yeast
- 120g Milk
- 48g Tangzhong (water roux)
- 13g Unsalted butter
- Tangzhong/Water Roux
- 100g Bread flour
- 500g Water
- Prepare Tangzhong (Water Roux) 1 day before. Mix (D) together and cook over low heat until 65C – stirring all the time while cooking. When it is cooked, the mixture should look like starchy glue and you should be able to see the stirring lines in the dough. Remove from heat and cool down at room temperature. Store it in the refrigerator for 12 hours.
- Mix (A) together in a mixing bowl with (B) (take care to separate salt from yeast). Using a dough hook mix at medium speed until the dough comes together to form a ball.
- Add in softened butter and continue kneading with dough hook for 20 mins until window pane stage.
- Gather the dough from the mixing bowl and knead for 2-3 mins by hand on a lightly floured table top.
- Form the dough into a round ball and place it in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Allow to proof at room temperature (28C) for 40mins.
- Lightly butter a 18cmx10cm loaf pan.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured table top and knead quickly by hand. (2mins). Using a rolling pin, flatten and roll out dough into a long oval shape. Starting from the shorter side of the dough, roll the dough up like you would do for a Swiss Roll. Gently rock the roll back and forth to adjust the length of the roll to fit into the loaf pan.
- Allow the dough to proof to fill up almost 90% of your loaf pan. (I just rested it for 60mins)
- In the mean time, preheat oven to 170C fan mode.
- Bake for dough for 25mins.
- Turn out bread from the loaf pan to cool on a wire rack. If possible, cool overnight before slicing.
Recipe by @Kokken - A food blog dedicated to my experiments in the kitchen at http://www.atkokken.com/2013/08/10/wholewheat-bread-loaf-black-bean/