I look forward to July when I would be vacationing in Turino and Milan.In the meantime, I am happy to whip up a quick and tasty pasta dish in my humble kitchen.
Originally a vegetarian recipe featuring just mushroom, I tried to perk it up with sausages.
The white wine cuts through the creaminess to keep the dish refreshingly light. I am now totally enamoured with cooking with cream and white wine. You can find this similar pairing in my last pasta dish, Spaghetti with Creamy Garlic Prawns which was equally delicious.
There is really nothing much more to say about this easy everyday concoction. I leave you with the photos and the recipe. Bon Appetite!
- 250g. Spaghetti
- 100g. Sausages sliced
- 60ml. Olive oil
- 600g. Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
- 2. Garlic cloves
- 125ml. White wine
- 300ml. Cream
- 3tbsp. Finely chopped Italian parsley
- 30g. Grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta to al dente and set aside.
- In a frying pan fry sausage until cooked.remove and set aside.Heat olive oil in the same pan and fry mushroom for 3 minutes until softened. Add crushed garlic cloves and fry until fragrant.
- Add white wine and simmer until 50% of liquid has evaporated.
- Add cream and chopped parsley. season with salt and pepper.
- Add cooked spaghetti from (1). Toss well to coat. Add sausage and serve with grated Parmesan cheese.